How do I report a crime or suspicious activity?
If you think the incident is an emergency, dial 9-1-1 right away and report what you saw to the dispatcher, who will then send the appropriate response to investigate. If it is not an emergency, call the Police Department business number 508-347-2525 and tell the dispatcher what happened. In either case, give as much information as you can, as this will help resolve the problem that much sooner.

How do I hire a detail officer?
To hire an officer complete the detail request form and fax to 508-347-7409 or deliver the form to the Sturbridge Police Department. Click 
here to download the form.

What can I do about annoying and harassing phone calls I have received?
If you are receiving annoying or harassing telephone calls, call the police department. Making such calls is against the law. An officer will speak with you and provide you with an "incident number" that your carrier will need. Call your carrier and request to speak with a representative from their Annoyance Call Bureau. Your phone carrier will give you detailed instructions on handling further calls and then will attempt to determine the origin of the calls. The Verizon "Unlawful Call Center" can be reached at 1-877-TRACE4U (877-872-2348).

What to Expect When Stopped by Police
It is the policy of the Sturbridge Police Department that its members shall not discriminate, or attempt to persuade others to discriminate, against any person because of race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status, handicap or political or religious affiliation. read more...